VISCERA and ETHERIA FILM FESTIVALS
- Definition of VISCERA: The large internal organs of the body collectively, particularly those within the abdominal cavity.
- Mission: VISCERA is a 501 (C) 3 non profit organization expanding the opportunities for contemporary female genre film-makers and artists by raising awareness about the changing roles for women in the film industry.
- Vision: All women are equally given the same opportunity to create, share and exploit their concepts of life's pain and personal freedom of expression.
- Who VISCERA is: A board of female directors and a fantastic staff comprised of women film-makers, writers and artists who believe in our unique mission and vision, and who work with tireless enthusiasm to provide our specialized services.
- VISCERA Film Festival: A film festival that specializes in short horror films by women. Each year, Viscera hosts a red carpet ceremony and screening with special guest speakers, award ceremonies, Q and A sessions and of course, a spectacular after party. The selected horror films are screened in venues all over the world through partner festivals and locally-hosted Viscera film festivals.
- ETHERIA Film Festival: This is Viscera's Science Fiction and Fantasy Film Festival. Since 2012 is its first year... Etheria will start in exactly the same way as Viscera did: On a tour that works hand-in-hand with partner festivals and conventions to specifically promote the women Indie film-makers and to provide a sold platform and foundation for their specific body of work.
- Enter the VISCERA Film Festival website here
COMING JULY 7th
VISCERA 2012 FILM FESTIVAL
RED CARPET CEREMONY
6712 HOLLYWOOD BLVD
LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
2012 Official Selections
The Viscera Organization is pleased to announce that the official selections have been made for the 2012 Viscera Film Festival Carpet Ceremony and Tour. Featuring the best new short horror films by women, the Viscera Film Festival’s carpet ceremony is taking place on July 7th at the American Cinematheque’s Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood, CA.
|Shannon Lark |
Founder of VISCERA Film Festival
A fantastic lineup, consisting of 13 shorts, was carefully selected by Viscera’s special
guest judges and staff to provide the audience with the most original, innovative, and dynamic horror films being made by women today. Fresh Blood, Viscera’s newest category, features the best shorts made by girls 18 and under. These films provide a promising look at some of the horror genre’s up and coming filmmakers.
Tickets are already on sale here